Government COVID-19 advice for Sitters families and childcarers
We are keeping up to date with the latest government advice and in-home childcare is now permitted for ALL families – provided no one in the family nor the childcarer has any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
The official Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance and support continues to evolve, please keep yourself informed on the latest advice by checking this page regularly.
Am I allowed to use Sitters?
Government advice states that those who are unable to carry out their jobs from home are allowed to go to work, including 'tradesmen, cleaners and others who work in people’s homes'.
Our top priorities are to keep Sitters families and childcarers safe and healthy and help fight the spread of the virus, so if you or anyone in your household develops coronavirus symptoms (however mild), you should not arrange a booking or accept a booking and you should immediately cancel any bookings you have. Please read the official PHE advice about coronavirus symptoms and isolation.
Precautions advised to minimise risk during a booking:
- All adults should maintain social distancing (2m) where possible
- Regularly wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and hot water, especially on arrival
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze, bin tissues immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Clean regularly touched objects and surfaces (door handles, kitchen items and toys) with regular cleaning products
- Keep internal doors open where possible to minimise contact
- Maintain good ventilation (keep windows open where it is safe to do so)
Travel to and from bookings
Please refer to government advice regarding travel:
Keeping in touch
You will always be given a contact telephone number for the parent or childcarer you are working with for each booking and you should communicate with them prior to the booking to discuss your requirements and expectations, as well as at the start of the booking.
Our focus at this time is supporting Sitters families and childcarers. If you have any questions, please let us know either by email on email@example.com or you can leave a voicemail on 03330 032888 and one of our team will get back to you.